Discover the secrets to amaze!
- Mind-blowing street magic, grand illusion and so much more
- Hands-on training by top magicians
- Small classes and individual attention
- The secret to expressing yourself confidently in public
- Largest magic DVD and book library in Africa
- The latest magic from around the world
- Exciting opportunities to be part of a magic family
Course 1: 10-13 year olds - click here
An exciting introduction to the world of magic for 10-13 year olds, including close-up and stage magic. After learning the magician’s code, students learn a variety of magical effects with the magic wand, rope, money, rings, elastic bands and so much more. They even learn how to read someone’s thoughts, make objects float and restore broken items.
The course focuses in a special way on the hands and the incredible part they play in making magic happen. This is the ‘falling in love’ stage where the sheer exhilaration of wonder is experienced. Good attendance and the ability to perform a two to three minute magic effect in an entertaining manner will see these students graduating to Course 2.
Course One has a duration of 15 weekly lessons of 45 minutes each.
The Course Fee is: R3500,00 (ZAR) / (USD 200 /GBP160 /EUR180)
- Includes tuition, notes, equipment and cost of equipment delivery.
- Students receive equipment per courier.
- Students need internet connectivity to join sessions on Zoom or similar platforms.
- The College of Magic is a non-profit organisation and depends on these fees, together with donations and volunteers to operate.
Registration is now open.
Magic and Showmanship: 14-17 year olds - click here
The Magic and Showmanship Course is an intensive one year course designed for high school students allowing them to develop more quickly towards their Junior Magician’s Diploma. The Course encapsulates the essential elements of all the junior courses in a single year of 30 lessons. It caters for aspiring ‘street magicians’, close-up performers and stage magicians.
Highlights of the course include a stagecraft module, the building of a mini illusion and a balloon sculpturing course covering the techniques of inflating and sculpturing balloons.
Magic and Showmanship has a duration of 30 weekly lessons of 1 hour each.
Registration is now open for our 2021 courses starting in January 2021.
Our entry level courses, for youngsters 10 – 17 years-old, offer so many exciting benefits:
- Performing stresses the need for love and respect, and cultivates good manners, gratitude and politeness
- Reactions to their new found skills to amaze and amuse, builds a positive self-image and a positive attitude to life
- Practice improves physical control, motor skill, eye-hand co-ordination, concentration, focus, reflexes, timing and rhythm
- Other observable development includes memory, divergent thinking, language, creativity, expression, imagination and observation.
There are so many benefits to learning magic, including …
QUICK CONTACT | COURSES
Welcome to the World of Magic!
Students are introduced to the basics of magic and theatrical performance, including presentation skills, the theory of entertainment and the essential elements of controlling an audience.
- Understanding an audience nurtures empathy, humbleness, patience, generosity and a sense of wonder
- Communication skills are enhanced as the young person learns to express themselves accurately, clearly and creatively
Students can support their training by joining ‘allied arts’ courses including juggling, puppetry, drama, mime and clowning and theatre production.
The world’s your stage
Students are afforded multiple performance opportunities in the secure setting of the small classes, at Course ‘Get-Togethers’ and at the Graduation Ceremony, which closes each course. Through the social interaction of entertaining, young people are set on a journey to discover themselves, leading to balance, enthusiasm, confidence, self-esteem, initiative and a general development of personality.
Annual contests in various fields and charity shows provide further opportunities to flourish. In preparing for performances students experience the importance and rewards of responsibility and commitment. The practice required to gain proficiency in the arts instils self-discipline, focus, a good work ethic, goal orientation, determination and passion.
The creative process fires the imagination and gives a young person the ability to dream of a new future.